Tuesday, August 30, 2011

A Walk Down Memory Lane

When I was in elementary school, I used to walk from my home there and back. Let's just say that while the shortest distance between two points is a straight line, I quickly found out that a few detours were more interesting. That is until I had to go to the Principal's office for being tardy (that is the word they used, I was never late, just always tardy).

Today was such a beautiful day that I decided to walk to the office.



Diane gave me the simple directions, "Take a left out the gate, another left on Linears and your office is on the right in a couple of blocks".


But on MY walk to the office, I saw a fly-fishing shop...



A gym where they were working out to 70's disco music...


A little fine art...


A few motos on the sidewalk...


I even saw a law office...I instinctively reached in my suit pocket for a red pen before I came to my senses and kept walking...


I walked by a children's park and did not stop...



After dodging a little bit of traffic, I made it to the office...



And I was not even tardy!

2 comments:

  1. "Walked by a children's park and did not stop..." sounds like something that could happen in The Office.

    The fly fishing shop takes Visa!! Is there even anywhere to fly fish near you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. now that i know there is a fly shop down there, my calendar is opening up and we can come to Argentina sooner than I thought!

    ReplyDelete