Thursday, August 25, 2011

Happy Birthday, Mi Amor!

August 25th is Diane's birthday. It is probably going to be low key here on the mission, right?

WRONG!

Something is definitely different about yesterday and today...



Good-bye Resistencia...



Hello and good-bye Corrientes...


Monte Carlo, where our son Chris served in the province of Misiones, hola y chau...




Yes, we celebrated Diane's birthday at Iguazu Falls!



The view from our room...






This is real jungle...



The trail through the jungle to the falls...


The falls...we'll just let them speak for themselves...
























How close were we?












So close that when Diane walked back down for this shot...



She came back soaking wet!



Afterwards we had a great dinner and in the morning, the chef delivered a birthday lemon pie for Diane's birthday!



So, we did ok for Diane's birthday this year...and I still have a few surprises left for 2012 and 2013!!!



5 comments:

  1. Wow! Once in a lifetime birthday! Have to tell you, Diane.... Drew took one of your freezer jams from my mom's house and we just finished it. Drew needed more and I wasn't sure of your recipe so I just made the one on the box. I'm still waiting for the 24 hrs to set, but we'll see how it turns out. One day I'll have to get your version! Happy Birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. • (`'•.¸ (`'•.¸ (`'•.¸*☆☆☆☆*¸.•'´) ¸.•'´) ¸.•'´)
    ☆*☆*☆*☆ Happy Birthday!!☆*☆*☆*☆
    (¸.•' (¸.•'´ (¸.•'´ *☆☆☆☆* `'•.¸) `'•.¸) `'•.¸)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How awesome!!!! Glad you got to get away and celebrate!!! Happy Birthday Diane!!! Love and miss you!!! xoxoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are having way too much fun! What a great birthday present! I haven't made it to the falls yet! I think all
    your travels in this mission is compensation for all the time spent in the cordoba mission office! Keep up the good work! I'm sure the missionaries are loving having you two as their leaders! That's it from the land of draper, Utah! Cuidense!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like so much fun! I'm proud of you dad. Did you guys realize you were matching in those polos and jeans? haha. Too cute. I'm glad I got to talk to you on your birthday. We love you Mom. Happy Birthday! You can take me to Iguazu when I get there someday!

    ReplyDelete