Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Formosa y Clorinda e Ibarreta

Yesterday and today we had Zone Conferences in Formosa. Here is what it looked like on the drive from Resistencia to Formosa...










The way there reminds us of what Uganda looks like.

Now to the Zone Conference...


Diane did it again! Two presentations each day in Spanish.


The missionaries in little work groups...notice the curtains...




It reached 90 degrees with 90% humidity the first day and we did not have the key for the air conditioning. We were all dying. The missionaries were relieved when I told them they could remove their jackets and we opened the windows and curtains for some air flow.



Diane gave out the homemade birthday brownies and I contributed by applauding...



And then at the end she handed out the homemade chocolate chip cookies with either a handshake for the Elders or un beso for the Hermanas to everyone's delight. I contributed by standing there and smiling...



The second day we got the key to the air conditioning and as you can tell from Diane wearing my jacket, I cranked the AC down low, low, low to make up for the first day! I also MC'd the birthday part...as my children will tell you, if no one else does, at least I think I am a funny guy in two languages...



A little bit of hands on instruction. What do you think? I think the two missionaries at the far end of the table are trying not to burst out laughing while I am trying to be serious!



The first day's group.



The second day's group.



An awesome tree across the street from the chapel in Formosa that Diane loves.

Then we drove back to Resistencia. Tomorrow we have a Zone Conference in Corrientes, then drive to Posadas where we stay Wednesday night and Thursday night for two more Zone Conferences. Friday after Zone Conference we head home to Resistencia. Saturday we head back to Corrientes to speak to a group of young men and women in the evening and then go back home.

1 comment:

  1. I don't think there has every been a missionary more proud of his companion than you are! And rightfully so!! Makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete