Saturday, January 7, 2012

Missionary Interviews

Diane and I are in Posadas until Monday. I begin my next round of missionary interviews today. I will travel to Roque Saenz Peña, Reconquista, Formosa, Ibaretta, Clorinda, Goya, Bella Vista, Apostoles, Eldorado, Corrienties and to the south of Resistencia to be with the missionaries. It is amazing how energized I feel after listening to the missionaries and all that they are doing to help the people of Northern Argentina. Each week I receive and respond to an email from each missionary, so I do keep up with them on a regular basis. But being with them and hearing them tell what is going on in person is really inspiring. The missionaries are between the ages of 19-30, come from 12 different countries and speak various languages. Castellano is the common language, with many learning it for the first time. Each has a story...with unique personal, family, economic, educational, professional and even religious circumstances. They all have a few things in common, though. They have accepted a call from the President of the Church to leave their homes, friends, families, educations and jobs, etc. to serve others they do not know. Each is a non paid volunteer. And, they all are committed to doing whatever is asked of them regardless of the conditions. It is rewarding to see them all come together for a common cause. It is inspiring to see them grow personally and make a difference in the lives of others. I always am in awe of them after the interviews. No wonder I look forward to interviewing 200 missionaries in 5 different provinces every 3 months...I wish everyone could have the same opportunity. It is one of the great rewards of being Mission President.

No comments:

Post a Comment