Thursday, November 28, 2013

There Are Meetings...And Then There Are Meetings!

It is important that the local Church leaders and the Mission President meet often to coordinate their efforts. Monday, the Resistencia Stake Presidency and I had a day long meeting.

We met at the Stake Center at 4:00 am and drove to a secluded spot where we could get down to some serious business without being interrupted.



We had been given a tip from a "person who knows" that "This is the place"! So, we got settled in and then Alberto showed us his technique. The man has natural torque...



I, on the other hand, took a more casual approach...which explains in part why out of the 5 of us that "attended the meeting" I was the only one who did not catch a fish.



Did I mention casual?



Grass and shade...the perfect setting for our little meeting. Anyway, we (meaning they) caught and cleaned a few of these and some of their carp friends...



At first we were going to have a "choripan" (chorizo sandwhich) barbecue for lunch, but with so many fish...it was decided to just "feast" on them. Here is the lineup...



Yes, those are carp there with the other ones whose name I do not recall. Here is a little before and after picture...



Filet of carp...



From the frying pan and into the fire...




And, here is the final product, fresh, fried carp.



We returned home around 5:00 pm. I must admit it was one of the more enjoyable (and culinarily adventurous) meetings that I have had here during my mission. I hope that next time we meet like this again (it was our second meeting of this kind with a few more promised) I am a more productive and contributing participant!

No comments:

Post a Comment